Emma Watson and Rupert Grint Top “Hollywood’s Top-Earning Screen Couples”
It’s time for another (faintly ridiculous) celebrity money list!
The list tallies box office receipts over the past five years, and the actors who played Ron and Hermione in the Potter franchise saw their four films in that period earn a staggering $4.2 billion.
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are #2 with the Twilight Saga romance raking in $2.5 billion over the same period.
While they only made two Transformers films together, on-screen love interests Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox managed to land in third place with $1.5 billion.
What makes the roundup so… random… is that while romantic pairings like Stewart-Pattinson and Sex and the City’s Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth are at the heart of those films, we have a hard time believing that many people saw blockbusters like Iron Man or Inception solely because of the “love interests.”
The full list:
1. Emma Watson and Rupert Grint – $4.2 billion
2. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson – $2.5 billion
3. Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf – $1.5 billion
4. Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey, Jr. – $1.2 billion
5. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Shia LaBeouf – $1.1 billion
6. Penelope Cruz and Johnny Depp – $1 billion
7. Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom – $963 million
8. Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire – $890 million
9. Marion Cotillard and Leonardo DiCaprio – $825 million
10. Sarah Jessica Parker and Chris Noth – $703 million